what does perpendicular mean
At a right angle, like the perpendicular height of a parallelogram is the height line straight up at a right angle from the bottom.
"Perpendicular" is a description of the relationship between two lines,
two planes, or a line and a plane.
They are perpendicular if they form right angles (90 degrees) where they cross.
- The little lines in the plus sign ( + ) are perpendicular.
- the fllag-pole is perpendicular to the ground.
- The wall is perpendicular to the floor.
- The door is perpendicular to the floor.
- The door is only perpendicular to the wall when its wide open.
If its only open a little bit, then its still perpendicular to the floor,
but not to the wall.
- Your legs are perpendicular to the floor when youre standing up.