7th grade need help its a Assignment: Inequality Word Problems Quiz
1.3x > 27. Solve for x.
c. x > -9
2. x/5 < 25. Solve for x.
a. x < 20
b. x < 5
c. x < 100
d. x < 125
3. x - 4 > 17. Solve for x.
a. x > 21
b. x >13
c. x < 21
d. x < 13
4. What is a possible value of x if -5 < x < 0?
5. Which inequality would you use? No more than 220 people are in the theater.
A. p < 220
B. p < 220 the arrow is underlined
C. p > 220
D. p > 220the arrow is underlined
6. Which inequality would you use? There are at least a dozen eggs left.
a. e > 12
b. e < 12
c. e > 12
d. e < 12
7. Tina pet sits to earn extra money. She charges a flat service fee of $30, plus $15 per day. If one of her customers spent less than $75, which of the following inequalities could be used to solve for x, the number of days the customer paid for pet sitting?
a. $15x - $30 < $85
b. $15x < $105
c. $15x < $75
d. $15x + 30 < $75
8. Becky is collecting money for a fundraiser. She wants to collect more than $1,777.00 and has already raised $268.00. Becky averages $24.00 from each person who donates to the fundraiser. Which of the following inequalities could be used to solve for x, the number of additional people Becky needs to collect from to meet her fundraising goal?
a. $24.00x > $1,777.00
b. $24.00x + $268.00 > $1,777.00
c. $24.00x - $268.00 > $1,777.00
d. $24.00x > $268.00
9. Fran is limited to watching television less than 10.8 hours per week. She has already watched 3.6 hours, and each show is 0.6 of an hour long.
0.6x + 3.6 < 10.8
How many more shows can Fran watch this week?
a. x < 0.6
b. x < 3.6
c. x < 12
d. x< 7.2
10. Amy and Ebony are shopping. Amy has $90. Together, Amy and Ebony have less than $175. Which inequality below shows the amount of money the two girls have?
a. $90 + x < $175
b. $90 + x > $175
c. x - $90 < $175
d. $175 + x < $90
For number 1, you divide both sides by -3 and because it is a negative number, you need to flip the sign so the answer is d.
For number 2, because you need to make the x by itself, you multiply both sides by 5 which gives you c.
For number 3, you add both sides by 4 so you get a.
For number 4, you find the number between -5 and 0 so the answer is c.
For number 5, the answer is b. nothing much to explain.
For number 6, its the greater than with the line underneath
For number 7, the answer is d.
For number 8, b
For number 9, c
For number 10, A