To get the solution, we are looking for, we need to point out what we know.
1. We assume, that the number 64 is 100% - because its the output value of the task.
2. We assume, that x is the value we are looking for.
3. If 100% equals 64, so we can write it down as 100%=64.
4. We know, that x% equals 16 of the output value, so we can write it down as x%=16.
5. Now we have two simple equations:
where left sides of both of them have the same units, and both right sides have the same units, so we can do something like that:
6. Now we just have to solve the simple equation, and we will get the solution we are looking for.
7. Solution for 16 is what percent of 64
(100/x)*x=(64/16)*x - we multiply both sides of the equation by x
100=4*x - we divide both sides of the equation by (4) to get x
now we have:
16 is 25% of 64
16 / 64 is the same as 1/4 because 16 is 1/4 of 64.
1/4 in percent form is 25%
So, 16 is 25% of 64.